Groundwater and surface water monitoring:
HEMS team member along with the volunteers of the community have been collecting water samples (ground and surface) for quality testing in order to verify the organic, inorganic, bacteriological and physicochemical parameters of water of various VDCs of Dhanusha and Nawalparasi District. Read More
HEMS have been assisting to form various forest user groups, which has helped to alleviate the livelihood of the communities. HEMS aims for Participatory Biodiversity Management (PBM) and has taken various initiatives to build up capacity for local community, by training them in natural resource management and helping them to understand the wildlife behavior, occurrence and coping forest fires and overall strengthening of the locality in the vicinity of the forest area. Remote sensing technologies can provide objective, practical and cost effective monitoring and implementation of REDD monitoring system but which can only be possible by coordination and cooperation of the local communities residing within and around the park area.
HEMS aims to monitor the natural disaster in and around Dhanusha district via remote sensing. Has organized various talk programs and seminars involving the local communities/ experts/ media etc. on the topic of disaster risk reduction and coping strategies.
Environmental Conservation (water, forestry and biodiversity):
• HEMS builds on long term vision and short term objectives that focus on effective biodiversity conservation.
• Spreads awareness, organizing campaigns on biodiversity conservation and environmental protection by involving the communities around with the combined efforts of governmental, non-governmental and developmental organizations.
• It relentlessly puts efforts and resources in conservation and sustainable management of resources.
• Focuses to teach the children at the earliest about the environment and equip them with skills needed to live in harmony with nature.
Environment advocacy and lobbying:
• HEMS has been contributing to the environmental problem/solutions issues by systematically engaging the consortium in research, development services.
• Aims to promote informed policy debate on water issues by helping government in the formulation and implementation of relevant policies and their effective implementation at grassroots level and consequently develop HEMS as an individual ‘think tank’ on water resources.
HEMS has helped to alleviate the livelihood of the communities by empowering the rural women and youth to integrate the indigenous techniques, applying holistic approach to address poverty alleviation, gender equality and just education for both boys and girls among the communities.